The pangs of nostalgia



 Perhaps the most beautiful memory of my undergraduate days was when I fell in love with a church girl and found God in the body of a woman, I really can't say. Shit! What the fuck was I thinking then?
 During my undergraduate days, I experienced a whole lot of things which made me realize that;the most memorable moments of our lives are the ones that come with the touch of love, pain and despair. I find it extremely painful when in moments like this life plants on my tongue the taste of anecdote.You see, I loved her. I really did. In her I saw everything life held back from me.
 I first saw her during a philosophy and logic class, the lecture theatre was already filled by the time I got there. All my life I have always been a late comer in everything(the other room inclusive) except for when I was born, mommy said I was in a mad hurry. I was already out in the car before they got to the hospital. . I believe this, among other supernatural reasons is why I'm very impatient. Laughs...

 So, due to my late arrival, I sat outside the LT but close enough to the windows for me to hear whatever shit the lecturer was spewing. God! I hated that man. He was to me everything life had rejected. Needless to say his face wore no smile nor warmth. Nigga was as cold as the northpole. The most annoying thing about him wasn't his lack of happiness. No! It was his lackadaisical attitude toward the disorderly conduct of his students. He never cared if anyone was listening or understanding whatever shit that flew out of his mouth. He just faced the goddamn board and soldiered on.
 However, life brought to my view, in that very moment of loss; what would fill my emptiness and later take everything back. Everything! Every goddamn thing! I was going to curse a passerby who had mistakenly stepped on me, when I saw her. Oh shit! My anger dropped like one who had just lost his libido. I really wasn't seeing the problem I was going to solve with a curse. All I fucking saw was God telling me it's alright, beloved. She blew past me like a fucking hurricane! But her expression had the tenderness of an evening breeze. Mama Mia! She was in a hurry. She too was a late Comer like me. I thought I said a good morning to her. But it was in my head! For my tongue had become a prisoner of abject bedazzlement.
 The lecture ended but life started a new journey with me. Little did I know that a happenstance could wreck me into brokenness. All through that day I was too weak to satiate hunger. Because in my heart was a greater urge. An urge no meal could relinquish. Hmm..... My soul needed a meal I could not phantom how to eat.
 Days became weeks and weeks became months and all I could do was dream. Few weeks to exams, I got to know more of her from a friend who knew her well. Fuck me! She was an exco in her fellowship. Mogbe! Lucifer had fallen in love with God. And gradually, I drew closer to God. I made sure my nasty acts remained in brain's wardrobe- mind. But it wasn't enough. I was still as bad as ever. In my heart remained the devil I was. But God is wonderful. He came to me on one sunny Monday evening. I was alone thinking about her. When I was supposed to be listening to some SSE lecture. He said I could have her if only I accepted him. I couldn't afford to let the opportunity slide. So, I broke down and confessed all my mad wanderings. All the moments I gave God a heart attack.
 Honestly, life is unfair! Don't ask me why? Please don't! After I had given up everything. I realized I couldn't serve God and still serve Her. I became my own judge. And I fucking sentenced my very own desires to a jail of no bail.
 Well, na so the story go. And by now, you all should know I'm back being me. O it feels good to be me again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CULTURE OF CONSUMERISM IN NIGERIA

Tomorrow Is Now